Senior Health Research Analyst
We are currently seeking a dynamic Senior Health Research Analyst to join our team. The Senior Health Research Analyst will support data analytic and data management activities related to various PHC GROUP initiatives, outcome studies, program evaluations and research projects.
The incumbent will coordinate planning and implementation activities related to program design and evaluation projects; participates in the development, testing, and administration of data collection instruments. The Senior Health Research Analyst will assume responsibility for conducting qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods data analyses and reporting.
- Project Management/Support
- Develop increasing expertise in implementing evaluation plans for research PIs and leaders
- In collaboration with CPDE leaders and clients, design and develop logic models
- Participate in the development, submission, revision, and renewal of IRB applications
- Assists with creating and implementing standardized systems for CPDE and participating in their continual evaluation and redesign as needed
Data Collection and Management
- Researches relevant literature to become proficient in knowledge of specific areas, including important research and theoretical base and findings, knowledge of important domains, and knowledge of existing measures, including information about the use, reliability and validity of such measures
- Relying on literature searches and information collected from other sources (including primary data), develops initial drafts of data collection instruments (qualitative and quantitative) and iterates with PIs and other team members on subsequent drafts
- Collect data (interview, focus groups, survey, observations) and adhere to strict data security protocols for data storage, management, and analyses
- When necessary, hire, train, and supervise Research Assistants, student employees for data collection, data entry, or other temporary work
- Conduct data entry or oversees data entry staff, ensuring proper adherence to establish data entry protocols and quality controls
- Work cooperatively with internal staff and that of multiple partners
- Maintain flexible schedule to meet competing demands
- Actively communicate with on- and off-site colleagues, partners, and clients
- Organize meetings and follows up communications among project participants in conjunction with other team members
- Data Analysis
- With guidance from CPDE Research Associates, analyze qualitative and quantitative data using appropriate software programs
- Prepare appropriate and understandable interpretations of data, such as sequences, graphs, charts, illustrations, tables, slides, statistical summaries, etc.
Report and Proposal Preparation
- Prepare drafts of reports, summaries, sections of manuscripts and abstracts of research findings
- Assist with proposal writing and participates in development of papers and presentations as needed
- Ph.D in Public Health, Epidemiology, or related science; or M.D. with extensive research
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in public health, psychology, clinical evaluative science, medical informatics, human services, or related science
- 3-5 years of experience in healthcare, preferably as a healthcare data analyst or researcher
- Relevant experience in evaluation research with particular experience working with qualitative and quantitative data and statistical programs
- Computer software knowledge preferred: MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint,
- SPSS, SAS, STATA
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills and ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong ability to organize, take initiative and operate independently with minimal direction
- Strong resource information skills with library and Internet search engines
- Familiarity and experience with the requirements of data management
- Ability to contribute to report, presentations and technical paper writing
- Mastery of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to analyze data using SPSS, STATA, or similar statistical package
- Knowledge of principles and practices of sound research and evaluation
- Ability to draft survey instruments, run statistical tests and code qualitative data
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritize own work and to adjust priorities as necessary
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to interact confidently with participating projects with high degree of tact, discretion and sensitivity to participant concerns
- Willing to travel on occasion for project meetings and other activities
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community
This position may funded by a grant. If funded by grant, continuation is based upon available funds.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable PHC GROUP. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law. Clearance: Selected Applicants will undergo a security / background investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; US Citizenship is required.
Travel: Up to 20%
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send an e-mail including resume and cover letter, indicating salary requirements, to:
firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “SR Health Research Analyst” and your name in the subject line.
PHC GROUP, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.