Program Evaluator I
As a member of dynamic, transdisciplinary, and highly-functional team, the Program Evaluator I will design and deliver high-quality program evaluations to Federal health sector clients. In this role, the individual will provide subject matter expertise on program evaluation to multiple projects while also leading the design and implementation of medium to large-scale program evaluation studies.
- Engage with stakeholders to determine their evaluative information needs
- Develop logic models and other representations of program theory as appropriate
- Determine evaluation questions of interest and identifying appropriate study designs
- Develop, pilot, and train staff on the use of data collection instruments (qualitative and quantitative)
- Lead the development of written reports and presentations to deliver interim and final evaluation results
- Demonstrate expertise in evaluation to build capacity
- Take an active role in managing projects and client deliverables
- Graduate degree in health-related (public health / policy / administration) or social science field.
- At least 5 years of experience in designing, implementing, and providing oversight for medium to large-scale program evaluations.
Knowledge and demonstrated mastery in:
- Logic model design and development
- Conducting various types of program evaluation designs (experimental, quasi-experimental, and observational),
- Conducting qualitative, quantitative and mixed method data analysis
- Experience with building evaluation capacity in non-profit, public, or private organizations/agencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing detailed reports and presenting technical information that can be easily understood by non-technical audiences.
- Evaluation project management skills including: leading evaluation project teams, developing evaluation plans, and managing data collection protocols and schedules
- General project management skills: Designing and tracking program budgets as well as identify project risks and recommending mitigation approaches.
- Work experience in public health, health care, or related relevant settings (e.g. university research centers).
- Familiarity with behavioral and policy interventions for non-communicable / chronic disease within public health.
- Demonstrated client management, stakeholder engagement, and meeting facilitation skills
- Proficient in statistical programming (SAS, SPSS, STATA), data management, and working with large datasets.
- Proficient in qualitative data analysis software (NVivo, Atlas.ti)
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills
This position may be grant funded. If funded by grant, continuation is based upon available funds.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable PHC GROUP. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law. Clearance: Selected Applicants will undergo a security / background investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; US Citizenship is required.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 15%
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send an e-mail including resume and cover letter, indicating salary requirements, to:
email@example.com indicating “Program Evaluator” and your name in the subject line.
PHC GROUP, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.