Operations Manager I
As a member of dynamic and highly-functional team, the Operations Manager I will be responsible for data entry, accounts payable, payroll, grant report entry, managing the organizations HR, helping and creating organizational and program budgets in collaboration with the Program Director. Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. This position will also interact with executive staff.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, and/or distribution of products
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement
- Assist with establishing and implementing departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes
- Monitor businesses and agencies to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits
- Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services
- Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency
- Determine services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand.
- Manage the movement of goods into and out of production facilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce, management, operations management or equivalent
- Industry relevant production experience
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Information technology skills
- Experience working with Federal government agencies
- At least 3 years’ experience in Financial Management
- Strong background and work experience in Finance
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- 3 plus years’ experience in bookkeeping
- Knowledge of government contract management and
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Budget development and oversight experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status
- Excels at operating in an fast pace, community environment
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and - Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
This position may be grant funded. If funded by grant, continuation is based upon available funds.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable PHC GROUP. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law. Clearance: Selected Applicants will undergo a security / background investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; US Citizenship is required.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 10%
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send an e-mail including resume and cover letter, indicating salary requirements, to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Operations Manager I” and your name in the subject line.
PHC GROUP, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.