Health Research Analyst
We are currently seeking a dynamic Health Research Analyst to join our team. The Health Research Analyst will support data analytic and data management activities related to various PHC GROUP initiatives, outcome studies, program evaluations and research projects.
- Provide data support to PHC GROUP research projects, program evaluations and outcome study initiatives from inception through conclusion. These include conducting literature reviews, assisting with project design, creating a data analytic plan, developing data collection instruments, date monitoring and data collection activities, date interpretation and report writing
- Provide project management and coordination of studies and projects, including creating work plans and work flows, working with various workgroups and stakeholders, tracking progress, troubleshooting and resolving barriers while monitoring timelines to ensure on-time completion of deliverables
- Assemble and analyze data sets using statistical software in support of a variety of projects, including advanced statistical analyses as needed
- Interpret and summarize results for data analyses, prepare reports appropriate for diverse groups ranging from lay audiences and to audiences of high-level researchers and or policymakers
- Work collaboratively and productively with all colleagues, attend or lead workgroups as assigned and represent PHC GROUP at external meeting as requested
- Collaborate with other department within PHC GROUP to identify issues that requires data solutions, and conduct data analyses to provide context and support for decision making
- Provide reporting and data analytic support to the Child Behavioral Health Initiative team and other departments as assigned
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in public health, psychology, clinical evaluative science, medical informatics, human services, or related science
- 3-5 years of experience in healthcare, preferably as a healthcare data analyst or researcher
- Relevant experience in evaluation research with particular experience working with qualitative and quantitative data and statistical programs
- Computer software knowledge preferred: MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SPSS, SAS, STATA
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills and ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong ability to organize, take initiative and operate independently with minimal direction
- Strong resource information skills with library and Internet search engines
- Familiarity and experience with the requirements of data management
- Ability to contribute to report, presentations and technical paper writing
- Mastery of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to analyze data using SPSS, STATA, or similar statistical package
- Knowledge of principles and practices of sound research and evaluation
- Ability to draft survey instruments, run statistical tests and code qualitative data
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritize own work and to adjust priorities as necessary
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to interact confidently with participating projects with high degree of tact, discretion and sensitivity to participant concerns
- Willing to travel on occasion for project meetings and other activities
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community
This position may be grant funded. If funded by grant, continuation is based upon available funds.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable PHC GROUP. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law. Clearance: Selected Applicants will undergo a security / background investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; US Citizenship is required.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 10%
Salary is commensurate with experience
Please send an e-mail including resume and cover letter, indicating salary requirements, to: email@example.com indicating “Health Research Analyst” and your name in the subject line.
PHC GROUP, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.