PHC GROUP, LLC are currently seeking a highly-experienced Database Administrator to join our team. The Database Administrator will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database. The incumbent will also be involved in the planning and development of the database as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users. We believe a strong team is our greatest asset. PHC GROUP fosters an environment that attracts and retains employees who are proactive, responsive and innovative through commitment to teamwork, communication, feedback and change.
- Establish the needs of users and monitoring user access and security
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model
- Refine the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- Install and testing new versions of the DBMS
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly; capacity planning
- Work closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
- Install and upgrade the database server and application tools
- Allocate system storage and plan future storage requirements for the database system
- Modify the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers
- Enroll users and maintain system security
- Ensure compliance with database vendor license agreement
- Control and monitor user access to the database
- Monitor and optimize the performance of the database
- Plan for backup and recovery of database information
- Maintain archived data
- Back-up and restore databases
- Contact database vendor for technical support
- GeneratE various reports by querying from database as per need
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) – Data Platform or Business Intelligence
- IBM Certified Database Administrator
- Oracle Database Certification
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in database management
- Previous experience in the public/health care industry
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of database theory
- Knowledge and experience of database design
- Knowledge about the RDBMS itself, e.g. Oracle Database, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, Adaptive Server Enterprise, MaxDB, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of structured query language (SQL), e.g. SQL/PSM, Transact-SQL
- Experience with distributed computing architectures, e.g. Client/Server, Internet/Intranet, Enterprise
- Thorough understanding of the underlying operating system, e.g. Windows, Unix, Linux, z/OS
- Experience with storage technologies, memory management, disk arrays, NAS/SAN, networking
- Experience of routine maintenance, recovery, and handling failover of a Database
- SGML, HTML, or XML authoring experience
This position may be grant funded. If funded by grant, continuation is based upon available funds.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable PHC GROUP. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law. Clearance: Selected Applicants will undergo a security / background investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; US Citizenship is required.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 10%
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send an e-mail including resume and cover letter, indicating salary requirements, to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Database Administrator” and your name in the subject line.
PHC GROUP, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.